Friday, December 6, 2013

My Holiday List of Fun

Happy Holidays to all!

I've been laying low lately, trying hard to catch up with everything I got behind on last month and all the things that are quickly getting added to the "To Do" list this month. 

And with the anticipated craziness that always comes with this time of month, I am planning on staying with my trend of not blogging much throughout the month of December. But don't worry- I'll be back in January! 

Until then- enjoy the season! Don't let it pass by too quickly without taking the time to savor everything it has to offer! And be safe!

But before I go...here is my list of super holiday fun!

Movies:
My favorite 'must-see' movies of the season...

Christmas Vacation
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation (dvd) Overview
One Magic Christmas (I think this is by far my favorite Christmas movie)
 

A Christmas Carol (with George C Scott)
 

I am also a huge fan of all of those "Made-for-TV" Christmas movies. I get sucked into everyone of them. 


Books:

Charles Dickens a Christmas Carol is my must read every year!

I am also planning on catching up on other reading, including a friends MS and some Walking Dead the graphic novels. (Sadly no more new episodes of Walking Dead until February) I am also planning on reading Ask the Passengers by A.S. King and a few books by David Levithan because they are coming to the Colorado Teen Literature conference in April where I will be on the local author's panel.

Cookies:

My favorite cookies- all gluten and grain free...

Grain-free/Gluten-free Sugar Cookie Cut-outs



Flour-less Peanut Butter Cookies


Grain-free/Gluten-free Snowballs (Walnut/Pecan Sandies)




Crafts:

I love to knit and it is a perfect thing to do while watching movies and staying warm by the fireplace. 

I also love to paint and do other holiday crafts with my boys.

Traditions:

Holiday parties with friends and neighbors

Christmas tree cutting with family

A holiday party in downtown Denver


Some pictures







What is on your list of holiday fun???


Have a wonderful Holiday season!
Enjoy

Best to all!
Becca

3 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I want snow!
You eat healthy cookies.
We always watch A Christmas Carol.

Robin said...

Either you or a loved one must gluten intolerant. It's great that you have found a way to enjoy the cookies and such.

I see gift wrapping in my immediate future!

Julie Flanders said...

Nothing better than Christmas cut-out cookies.
I hope you have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, Rebecca! See you in January. :)