Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Following Fun

Follow Fest- a blogfest by Melissa Maygrove

The Follow Fest is a blogfest to get to know fellow bloggers and writers. The fest is through out the week of September 23-27 so it is not too late to sign up now! Click for more information and to sign up.


Follow Fest Information:

Purpose: A platform building opportunity for writers of all kinds. 
(Think, ‘cyber meet-and-greet with social media links for business cards.’)


When: September 23rd thru 27th.

How: Create a blog post using the guide provided and sign up on the Linky list for the day you plan to post. There will be a separate Linky list for each day. 


During the week of the fest, visit other blogs and connect with as many writers as you wish. Enter to win prizes, too!

Welcome to the Follow Fest!

Name:

Rebecca Green Gasper
Although you probably already know that,
but you might not know that growing up everyone called me Becki (yes, I spell it with an i-cool huh?)
some friends and family still call me Becki, and I also go by Becca, Bec, or just B

Fiction or nonfiction?

Fiction novels, but I write non-fiction on my blog and for Moxie Writers

What genres do you write?

Young Adult
mostly contemporary 

Are you published?

Yes


Here are the links:




Do you do anything in addition to writing?

I raise awareness on teen tough issues and advocate against teen violence.
I am also a speaker. I speak for other writers, at high schools, conferences, teen groups, etc. 
And first and foremost- I am a mom.

Where can people connect with you?










And here at my blog- of course. Feel free to follow me. I love to connect!!!!

Is there anything else you’d like us to know?

I'm outgoing and love to chat! Email me any time!!!




Make sure you check out all the other blogs involved in this blog fest. It is so much fun getting to know everyone!!! 


Thanks for stopping by!
Best to all-
Becca

38 comments:

Liz Blocker said...

Nice to meet you, Rebecca! I love all of the big, colorful images - makes it easy for me to find and follow you :)

Rebecca Green Gasper said...

Thank you so much! Great to meet you too!

Melissa said...

I enjoyed meeting you, Rebecca. (I'm partial to your name--the heroine in my current novel is Rebecca, aka Becca.)

Thanks for participating in Follow Fest! :)

Rebecca Green Gasper said...

Thanks for stopping by! So great to meet you, too. What a fun blog fest. I am loving meeting everyone.

Sherry Ellis said...

I really like the cover of your book! I'll go check out your links.

Susan Oloier said...

Even though I already know you, I thought I'd stop by and say "hi". Still brainstorming ideas. It's been a slow process :-)

Rebecca Green Gasper said...

@Sherry- Thanks so much!!!

Rebecca Green Gasper said...

@Susan- I know, I know!!!! Me too. Ideas are floating around...so close.

PK HREZO said...

Great to learn more about you Rebecca!

Unknown said...

Hi Rebecca, great meeting you! I hope you make lots of connections this week!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Now to make sure I follow you everywhere.

Sara Fowler said...

Great to meet your through Follow Fest! Congratulations on your book. What an important message and speaking platform. Looking forward to following.

Joss said...

wow, what a great use of your time. I absolutely love your book cover and will have to get a copy of you book and have a good read. It's great to meet you and I really look forward to getting to know you better :)

Christine M. Irvin said...

Hi Becki, great blog!

Julie Flanders said...

I thought I already liked your Facebook page only to find out here that I hadn't. Fixed that now! :)

Rebecca Green Gasper said...

@PK- always fun to learn new things! :) Thanks for stopping by.

@@Quanie- Great to meet you, too!

@Alex- Why- Thank you! :)

@Sara-Great to meet you, too! Thanks.


Rebecca Green Gasper said...

@Joss- Thanks. I hope you enjoy! :)

@Christine- Thanks :)

@Julie- Hmm...might have to check if I "liked" you on facebook, too! Thanks for stopping by! :)

Unknown said...

Rebecca or any of the "B" names you go by.

I think we've crossed paths before, but it's been awhile. What a pleasant, put-together post. Easy on the eyes, easy to follow, easy the way I like it. :) I've followed you on every venue we share.

M.L. Swift, Writer

Robin said...

Yikes. How do you keep up with so many social networking sites????

Anonymous said...

Teens need all the advocates they can get; well done. Following you on Twitter, FB, and Goodreads.

Rebecca Green Gasper said...

Hey ML! Thanks- I'll follow back, if I'm not already!

Chemist Ken said...

I love those nice big pictures. makes your page come alive. I'm now following you on twitter. Nice to meet you!

Rebecca Green Gasper said...

@Robin- Not sure I do that great of a job at it...

Rebecca Green Gasper said...

@Milo- Thanks! Will follow back- of course.

Rebecca Green Gasper said...

@Chemist Ken- Thanks! Will follow back :)

Unknown said...

*wipes sweat* Think I'm following you everywhere now, Rebecca! Not sure how we haven't crossed paths on Twitter before, but problem solved. :)

Crystal Collier said...

Yay! I am follow-festing you now. Or, uh, festively following you everywhere? *shifty eyes*

Mark said...

Cool idea:) I'm a bit swamped to participate right now, but I'd be happy to read other's posts:)

GL Tomas said...

Glad i could connect with a diverse set of writers from all genres!Glad to make your acquaintance!

Cathrina Constantine said...

Hello, Rebecca. Nice to meet you again!!

Misha Gerrick said...

Hey Becca, just want to let you know that I think it's wonderful of you to give voice to tough issues where Teens struggle to voice them themselves. I wish you all the best with your activities. :-)

Jennifer J. Chow said...

It's great to meet you! I also love how you address teen issues. Best of luck with everything!

Unknown said...

Nice to meet you, Rebecca! Becki with an "i" is cute! :)

randi lee said...

Hi Rebecca! New follower via Follow Fest. Nice to meet you and learn a little about you :)

Chancelet said...

Great causes you fight for. It's nice to meet you from this follow fest, and I've followed in all the familiar places. :) Writer’s Mark

Unknown said...

Glad to meet you. Love your button style on this blog.

Unknown said...

Hi Rebecca. I'm catching up from follow fest--nice to meet you!
~Skye

Trisha said...

Hi Rebecca,

I'm finally getting around to visiting from FF. I write contemporary as well, though I do write in other genres as well.

I know I've visited your blog before, but not in a while I don't think. :)