Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Remembering Max- A Memorial Day Event

This Memorial Day, the Stagecoach Saloon in Franktown, Colorado is hosting a BBQ and silent auction in honor of Colorado Marine K9 handler Corporal Max. W. Donahue and all our fallen heroes-K9s and handlers.




The Blinker Fluid Band- known for their funky rock and soul music- will be playing.





Funds raised will go to support Freedom Service Dogs of America in Englewood, Colorado.   
 Freedom Service Dogs
Freedom Service Dogs (FSD) enhances the lives of people with disabilities by rescuing dogs and custom training them for individual client needs. They provide lifetime support to their client-dog partners to encourage increased independence and the loving, therapeutic bond between canine and human.


For more information on the event, please email me. If you are local, I would love to see you there!


In honor of Colorado Marine K9 handler Corporal Max. W. Donahue


Camp Donahue in Camp Leatherneck, Afghanistan.

You can read more about Missing Max by Julie Burget Schrock in my November blog post In Honor Of



Julie Burget Schrock. author of Missing Max
Or check out Missing Max on Amazon.com and visit Julie Burget Schrock at her blog.


6 comments:

Michael Di Gesu said...

What a lovely tribute to our military and the sweetest of creatures on this earth... man's best friend.


Have a wonderful weekend Rebecca.

ottoman beds said...

your tribute to military is really awesome...

A Beer for the Shower said...

As a dog lover, this is such a great cause. I hope it turns out well.

On a lighter note, I love the name of that band.

Susan Oloier said...

What a great way to honor Max. I really wish I could be there. And, technically, I was supposed to be in your area this coming weekend. Sorry I couldn't come.

Cathrina Constantine said...

Wish I could be there, however, I live in New York. Colorado was my honeymoon destination, and it's a beautiful state. What a great post tribute to our military and the K9 dogs that put their lives on the line for us each day.

Unknown said...

Looks like a great event for a greater cause!! I'll try to come and support it if I'll be in town!