Saturday, April 27, 2013

X-"X" for Ecstasy and Characters From YA Books



“X” Ecstasy




"X", ecstasy, the love drug are all names for MDMA 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine.

Ecstasy is very popular among teens. It is a very colorful drug with cartoon-like images. "X" is believed to cause long term brain damage resulting in depression, mental illness, and memory loss.

Here is a character in a YA book dealing with "X" ecstasy...




Mia and Sophie from In Ecstasy by Kate McCaffrey have been best friends forever — but that’s all about to change. Experimenting with alcohol, flirting with boys, and dabbling in drugs, their lives quickly spiral out of control.







Don't Forget about the power of three!!!

Head over to Moxie Writers for more on the YA cause/tough issue and organizations that help.

Head over to Susan Oloier's site for a song and lyrics that pertain to today's issue.



6 comments:

Jackie said...

That is so scary. :/

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

And that is why it is illegal.

Brandon Ax said...

Luckily I never got into any of this kind of thing. Now that I have kids I just hope I raise them to understand the dangers.

Mark Means said...

I remember hearing a lot about this quite a few years ago, but not much about it these days.

Maybe people have wised up about it?

Let's hope so!

Julie Flanders said...

I had the same thought as Mark, it doesn't seem like you hear about this as much as you used to. I hope that is a good sign!

Jeff Hargett said...

And I thought dating back in my day was risky.