Monday, March 4, 2013

Inspiring Others Through Blogging

I am honored to have received a shout out from Leigh Covington for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. Thank you so much, Leigh. I can't tell you how much this means to me. I am so humbled to know that I am inspiring others on my writing journey. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I have just recently met Leigh and was instantly drawn into her amazing blog. She is very inspirational. Make sure you head on over and check her out. You will like her!

As part of accepting this award, I must share seven things about myself and then pass the award on to another wonderful, inspiring blogger.

Amanda Fanger gave me a shout out back in December, (read that post here) and instead of boring everyone with the same information, I will tell you 7 new things about myself. Here goes...

1. I love the outdoors. I like to go hiking, canoeing, camping and rafting. In fact, right after college, I was a raft guide on the Salmon River in Idaho for a couple of summers.

2. Not only did I teach high school, but I was a recreation instructor and taught people of all ages with special needs how to swim.

3. I love sunshine. Which is why I love Colorado. It is almost always sunny here.

4.  I love being by the pool. I love the melodic sound of swimmers doing laps.

5. I hate to travel. And you would never find me on a cruise. It sounds like the most miserable thing ever.

6. I am energetic and happy most of the time.

7. I try not to let what other negative people say, feel, think, or do get to me. It isn't easy...but I try.

Finally, I'd like to extend this award to Daniel Alexander. I just recently met Daniel through the blogger, google plus, twitter communities and am very inspired by him and his story.


Thank you again to Leigh Covington for this wonderful award and shout out!




18 comments:

Leigh Covington said...

Thanks for the kind words Rebecca! I love being outdoors too & I'm all about the sunshine!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Sunny except when it's snowing, I'm sure!
Congratulations on the award.

Rebecca Green Gasper said...

Of course- you're amazing. Thank you! :)

Rebecca Green Gasper said...

Lol! :) Funny you should say that, since it is snowing now. However, we started the day with a little sun and it will be sunny again tomorrow. If it is cloudy for more than one day straight here...it is rare. Gotta love it :)

Thanks for stopping by and thanks for the congrats! :)

Aurora Smith said...

I used to be a special Ed teacher! :)

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading more about you, Rebecca. And I agree, a cruise sounds miserable. I don't think I like the idea of being surrounded by so much water. :)

Dana said...

Congratulations on your award! Like you, I'd never want to go on a cruise. Just the idea of being confined on a ship makes me feel claustrophobic.

Have a great week!

Rebecca Green Gasper said...

Yay! for teachers!

Rebecca Green Gasper said...

Thanks! :)

Rebecca Green Gasper said...

Exactly!

J.L. Campbell said...

Rebecca, you sounds like an outdoors kinda girl. Well done on the award.

Rebecca Green Gasper said...

Yep...love being outside! Thanks for the congrats. :)

Unknown said...

I have a very love/hate thing with travel. I truly love to explore and see new places, eat new foods, etc. but I'm definitely a homebody at heart. I love my bed, my dogs, my stuff... :)

Cherie Reich said...

Congrats for the award! And that's neat you used to teach swimming to all types of people. I love swimming, but I rarely get a chance to do so.

PK HREZO said...

Congrats! I love the outdoors too. And Colorado is a great place to be to enjoy it! Love it there!

Rebecca Green Gasper said...

I love to hear other people's stories about their traveling adventures. I am so intrigued by their trips...but I never have the desire to go.

Rebecca Green Gasper said...

Thanks. I love swimming, too. Looking forward to time by the pool this summer. I have a bit of spring fever.

Rebecca Green Gasper said...

Thanks!:) Yeah, Colorado is nice...it's home:)